Dr. Paul A. Blackmon, Sr. —Moderator
Dr. Blackmon is a life-long resident of Pensacola, Florida who has been happily married to a lovely and supportive wife, Jean Nearer Blackmon for forty-three years. They are the proud parents of three children, Tiffany, Paul Jr. and Sean; and two grandsons, Michael and Tayson. He has served as the proud Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Ferry Pass, Ferry Pass, Florida, since 2005.
Dr. Blackmon currently serves as Moderator of the First West Florida District Association, and Vice-President-at-Large, Moderator Division, of Florida General Baptist Convention, Inc.
Dr. Blackmon received an A.S. Degree in Criminal Justice from Pensacola Junior College and B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of West Florida, both of Pensacola, Florida. He then began a career in law enforcement in 1982 as a Special Agent with Alcoholic Tobacco and Firearms. In 1988, he was employed with the Florida State Attorney’s Office 1st Judicial Circuit, as an Investigator for twenty-one years before retiring in 2009.
Honoring the call to God’s ministry, Paul received his B.A. Degree in Theology from West Florida Baptist Institute. In 2013, He graduated Summa Cum Laude having received a Master of Arts Degree in Pastoral Studies at Selma University, Selma, Alabama. In May of 2022, Dr. Blackmon earned his Doctorate of Ministry, graduating Summa Cum Laude from Jacksonville Theological Seminary, Jacksonville, Florida.
Past Religious Affiliations Include:
- Laymen President, First West Florida District Association
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Florida General Baptist Convention Inc. Laymen Auxiliary
- President, Congress of Christian Education, First West Florida District Association
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of First West Florida District Association,
- Board Member for United Ministry, Inc. Pensacola, Florida
- President, Baptist Ministers' Union of Pensacola & Vicinity; Pensacola, Florida
- Board Member, United Ministries
He is a certified instructor for:
- First West Florida District Laymen Institute
- First West Florida Congress of Christian Education
- Florida General Baptist Congress of Christian Education.
Past Non-Religious Affiliations & Awards:
- Co-President of JUST Pensacola (Justice United Seeking Transformation)
- Board of Directors of the American Cancer Society of Pensacola Florida, Minority Involvement
- Board of Directors of United Negro College Fund, Pensacola, Florida Chapter
- Board Member, United Minority HIV & Aids Commission (UMAC)
- Commissioner, West Pensacola Youth Association
- Black History Month Speaker – Naval Air Station Pensacola
- Keynote Speaker – Pensacola High School Baccalaureate
- Chappie James Religious Role Model Award
- Ellen P. Lett Memorial Award for Community Service/Role Model